Summertime Chaos

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hello friends!! I'm SOOOOO happy it's the end of summer. Football pre-season games have started, 55 was our high temp yesterday, and I LOVE autumn!!

I haven't been around much here lately, and I apologize. Now that I'm living in the same state as most of my friends and family, there have been so many things pulling at my time. Let's see... upkeep of Gramma's house while it was up for sale (Yay!! Sale closed last week!!), moving Gramma to a new assisted living center, Uncle Dennis died suddenly in his sleep, hosted 35+ family/friends for after-service BBQ at my house, lots and LOTS of guests staying over from out of town all summer long, attending DR appts with Mom, my own DR and follow-up appointments, there's a new breast cancer diagnosis in the family (an aunt), attended/worked at fund raising events for our local firefighters, and managed to squeeze in some yard work. Not to mention the day job. That might be about it.... o_O

I have some catching up to do with some of you... yes, yes I dooooo!!!! :plbb

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good to see you back. it's been one of those summers for me too, mom in rehab then assisted living after a medical emergency, death in the family (which means closing a house, distributing prized possessions< and all that), extended trips some planned and some not, family that are also good friends relocating near us, and garden and broody hen failures. I can't say it has been boring but sometimes there are good things about boring.

Anyway good to hear form you.

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
i agree about good things about boring.... that was especially good around the farm and livestock. Usually when it wasn't boring, it was high-level stressful! And that's no fun! :)

Sounds like you're happy we're moving into fall, too Ridge!

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Me too! Fall is heavenly and my fave season. Can't wait until we start feeling that cool down...right now it's very hot and very muggy. Ick. Saps the will to work out of me, so it's a good thing it's my day of rest.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I actually prefer Spring. Spring is the time to look forward. There is so much promise in Spring. Fall is more of a time of looking back, maybe a more melancholy time. More of what could have been versus what will be.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Speaking of stress and good times: my son once mentioned how humdrum his life is almost always. I told him that's just my definition of life. Ho-hum boring interspersed with occasional episodes of euphoria and terror.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Nice to see you, SweetMissDaisy! It felt like a hectic busy summer for me as well, and I didn't even have a garden! Lots of self-inflicted projects going on though, plus like you say the full time real job. I'm about to get a break though, in a week my Mom and I are meeting in California and spending 10 days exploring a state neither of us has ever been to! Very excited, we're visiting Yosemite, Monterey Bay (!) and some redwoods along the northern part of the coast.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey 'Daisy! Good to see you, I was afraid you had moved back to Texas!
Sounds like a hectic summer and hope you get a chance to catch your breath and enjoy fall. I'm hoping the summer holds out for an extra few bonus weeks.
Still have some unfinished projects that won't be much fun in the rain.

Latest posts