Surprise pup!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm posting this in GWA because I notice Nifty hasn't given us an Animal Hoarding section.

I have a new pup. It was unplanned, (DH says all the critters around here are )
images

She was brought back to the breeder because the new owner travels and it wasn't going to work out. he didn't want to board her every time he had to leave. I was tentatively on the list for a pup next spring, but this is better because now I'll be home to start her training.

Anyway, she is a 3 month old Bernese Mountain dog. Her name is Sanglarka which means Skylark, and she is awesome!
rsz_dscn3189.jpg This is today, just prior to a walk in the rain. She's already clued in to staying on the left and sitting by my side when I stop. So smart!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good for you there nice dogs!! Does she have any training ? If your going to spay her, have her stomach tacked at same time. Giant breeds are prone to bloat, tacking stomach prevents it.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
:th That's one of my favorite wish list breeds!!!!! Oh, the envy!!!! :love I like everything I read about these dogs and no doubt training will be a breeze...they seem super smart. Very expensive to get around these parts, which likely keeps them from being too exploited as a breed.

Congrats!!! A very cute pup and will only become more beautiful with age, no doubt. One of those breeds that never lose that puppy fluffy cuteness.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Aww, she's so pretty! She sounds very smart, too! How big do they get?

Her daddy is 125, and mom is 80 lbs.
She has a very calm temperament which will be a nice balance with Wrens OCD tendencies. :confused:

She came with no discernible training, tho' I was told she was housebroke.
That's a non issue since she will be an outdoor dog with visiting privileges, like Wren and Gator. I'm crate training her now, a smallish one that she just fits in, in the house and a large one to sleep in at night in the garage. She peed in the garage crate last night, but that was probably my bad as I didn't get up at 2 and take her out like I did the two previous nights.

Thanks for the tip @Nyboy, I'll discuss that with the vet. I did hesitate with getting this breed after reading the extensive list of possible health issues, plus their short life span, but there's no guarantees with any dog and it was too great an opportunity to miss. (Did you notice the advertising I was doing for your kennel in the pic? :p ) Actually it was you, NYboy, that helped me decide in favor when you told me that a dogs life expectancy would never keep you from getting a dog you liked. So thanks!

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Actually it was you, NYboy, that helped me decide in favor when you told me that a dogs life expectancy would never keep you from getting a dog you liked. So thanks!

I agree! Every dog is an individual, so one never knows what their genetics will be. And, no dog lives forever, so short life or long, it's the daily life that matters.

Latest posts