Tankless water heater~

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
We got this Tankless Rheem 200DVLP-1~ It's a return someone brought it back without the Remote. It's an expensive piece, it was on sale for under $350. A professional unit very efficient, the exhaust can be PVC, that's how cool the exhaust gases are. I hooked it up outside when we turned it on water shot all over the place~ there was a clip had come loose that held the copper tube to a tank spout had come off, but it was inside and Yerani was able to fish it out for me to reinstall when we turned it on withe hoses bringing water in and out she fired right up. I had called Rheem and the Tech sent a remote that the girls and I installed today. The temperature can be set at the remote. We have a smaller tankless on the mountain, this should be nice, fill two baths at the same time.

Have you installed a Tankless or planing to? No heating water until it's needed.

I'll install it on at the high desert house.

Attachments

• IMG_0525.JPG
    IMG_0525.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0526.JPG
    IMG_0526.JPG
    196.4 KB · Views: 200

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
You WILL love this!!!
Don't be expecting to run more than one faucet of hot at a time, BUT, we've had a tankless for over 10 years now. The downside is the "cold sandwich." The cold water in your pipes needs to drain out before you get the hot, but once the hot starts you could invite an army to take one hot shower after another after another.
The BIGGEST reason to own one is that it will never explode like some hot water heaters. There is a hybred which keeps 15 gallons of hot water on hand to eliminate running the cold sandwich out~~
http://www.buildwithpropane.com/New...ater-heaters-put-a-stop-to-shower-scheduling/
We looked at tankless bc we had bought and used a camping shower that ran on those little propane tanks. We pulled ice cold water from a Colorado stream and it super hot in no time, then mixed with cold and poured into our bucket with a screw to turn out faucet. HOT camp shower!!

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
since 4 out of 6 households had their water heaters burst last summer on our cul de sac, I just purchased a ECO 36 tankless water heater. Regular price $649.95 on sale for $359. Now all I have to do is get 4 - 40 amp breakers and 4 sets of wires for 36 KW plus 4 ground wires and run them from the panel to the tankless water heater location. Since my electric service panel is currently at capacity, I will have to buy a much bigger one. More $$$s.:caf

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Quote: "Now all I have to do is get 4 - 40 amp breakers and 4 sets of wires for 36 KW plus 4 ground wires and run them from the panel to the tankless water heater location. Since my electric service panel is currently at capacity, I will have to buy a much bigger one. More $$$s.:caf"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That sounds a bit much, why not just run a subpanel if you're doing a several room addition,

or better yet~put in a tandem breaker in your existing box and run a single 12guage romax, 2 with ground and install an 2 gang outlet next to the heater. That ECO should have a electric heater inside that runs off your single heater electric plug.
4 sets of wires, are you talking 4 romax lines 2 or 3 with ground?

I don't want to make it too easy for you but you only need a 20amp outlet. Have you done this type of work before?

OK, give me an address so I can send a consultation bill.

Just kidding~

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks valley but ... the ECO 36 requires 4 sets of 40 amp breakers and 4 sets of 10 guage wires ( black + red ) with ground with each set run inside a separate conduet and connect the wires inside the unit itself -- required by the manufacturer as well as by county code.

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
wow we had one at the old Shelton was city gas ... here it will be propane unit
we have will not convert waiting to get a good deal for one again and the other 50 projects