TEG pages fully loading?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Multiple computers have problems with this. It occurs in multiple browsers. The loading stops and starts after just a few seconds.

So, it's like: pause 5 seconds, load 2 seconds, pause 5 seconds, load ...

It interferes with typing a response - the keyboard hesitates. If I leave the page by just opening another tab, that webpage loads slowly.

This pausing and, I guess, failure to fully load isn't common on other websites I visit. Are others seeing this on TEG?

Steve

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey Steve, thanks for the report. What is the browser and version(s) on the PC's you're using?

Is it happening on all pages / threads on TEG?

I'm not having any problems myself. Are any other users having this same problem?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
As soon as I say something about it, it begins working okay :). The last 3 or 4 days, at least, that hasn't been the case.

The 2 that I'm often using are the Kindle Fire HDX (third generation) with its Silk browser. The other is the PC with Chrome Version 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit).

I have preferred using Firefox 51.0.1 for Windows 10 but it has been giving me the problems with TEG the longest. Switching to Chrome hasn't helped and using the Kindle has definitely not helped with that load/not load.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It might be a McAfee security app issue. Maybe it's some specific advertisement that has been following me to TEG. And yes, McAfee doesn't like some ads.

It might be that this new HP PC wants me to use Microsoft Edge so much that the Edge browser interferes with Firefox and Chrome. I don't understand what it might have to do with the Kindle tablets, tho'.

The PC is frequently directing my attention to Edge and yes, today I'm trying to adjust to that browser ... while Firefox and Chrome sit in the taskbar.

Whatever has been causing it, as soon as I mention it - TEG stopped struggling to load pages. But, it has been a couple of hours whereas the delayed loading was going on for several days.

:idunno.

Steve

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Look at the time of your 1st post about this problem, 7 AM is WAY too early for anything to be working without a pause...

THANX RICH

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Another post earlier than 7.

Continuing problems with loading webpages.

... no, time of day doesn't seem to make a difference. Could it be this AliExpress ad? It's on every page lately.

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, I have that problem with this site and a couple others. I just thought it was my rinky-dink computer. But I have McAfee security, too. It is very frustrating, and causes me to "just forget about it!" about half the time when I try to post something.