Tell me how to collect Garli Chive seeds ?

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have a garlic chive plant that i love and have protected for over 4 years now because i jist cannot find another one anywhere.
Anywho, it has finaly matured and flowered and i NEEED to collect it's seeds so i can plant more. Does anyone know how to go about this ? And is there any special care i need to give the seeds prior to planting ?
The treatment for chives with garlic is very straightforward. Water as needed; although the plants are resistant to drought, they enjoy humid soil. Other treatment of garlic chives instructs to fertilize them with a slow release fertilizer at the start of the growing season.

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
The treatment for chives with garlic is very straightforward. Water as needed; although the plants are resistant to drought, they enjoy humid soil. Other treatment of garlic chives instructs to fertilize them with a slow release fertilizer at the start of the growing season.
Gently shake the flower heads over a jar to gather chive seeds. You could also cut the flower heads off the plant and place them in a paper bag. Then fold over the top of the bag and shake to extract the chive seeds from the flower heads.

Latest posts