Texas BBQ Catfish

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
My nephew turned 30, I told him to pick a restaurant and invite his friends for a birthday dinner. We went last night with his girlfriend and 5 buddys to Round Up Texas BBQ in Cold Spring NY. I had my doubts when I said I would make reservations and was told, not that kind of place they didn't even have waiters. I looked it up on yelp where it had 4 1/2 stars out of 5. Very rustic place all tables where picnic with benches, counter service only. Reading menu on wall I spotted fried catfish. After having a discussion here on catfish I had to try. I ordered the meat sampler and fried catfish, I figured with 6 eating machines at table nothing would go to waste. Everything was great I was worried catfish might be fishy but wasn't fishy at all. The mac and cheese was spicy which really threw me :sick So for the 1st time I had catfish and I liked it.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
My nephew turned 30, I told him to pick a restaurant and invite his friends for a birthday dinner. We went last night with his girlfriend and 5 buddys to Round Up Texas BBQ in Cold Spring NY. I had my doubts when I said I would make reservations and was told, not that kind of place they didn't even have waiters. I looked it up on yelp where it had 4 1/2 stars out of 5. Very rustic place all tables where picnic with benches, counter service only. Reading menu on wall I spotted fried catfish. After having a discussion here on catfish I had to try. I ordered the meat sampler and fried catfish, I figured with 6 eating machines at table nothing would go to waste. Everything was great I was worried catfish might be fishy but wasn't fishy at all. The mac and cheese was spicy which really threw me :sick So for the 1st time I had catfish and I liked it.

lol, dang, no breakfast yet and i'm drooling like river Nile...

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
If okra is cooked with an acid, like vinegar, lemon juice or tomatoes..NO slime.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had to giggle at your nephews reply to you wanting to make reservations..... not that kind of place...... Nyboy went slumming at a BBQ/Catfish restaurant. :lol::lol:

Glad you liked the fried catfish, it is good, isn't it? You will like the fried okra too.

Just curious....wonder if the owner is from Texas?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
upload_2018-5-1_8-5-55.png

Latest posts