That blue bottle tread that we all needed but dared not start.

greengenes

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
40ce550bcab8c845a949d5afbf936d79.jpg

I plan on doing a narrow space (we will call it a window) In my son's blacksmith shed (we will eventually call it my pottery shed) With these blue bottles just like this but with mortar between them.
What-chew gonna do?
(I keep buying cases of that beer and telling my husband,"Drink this, I need the bottles." )

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's beautiful! I think you're right, it will look so much prettier as a window. I've got a small collection of blue glass bottles too, different sizes. I've found some nice ones at the recycle center too.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
40ce550bcab8c845a949d5afbf936d79.jpg

I plan on doing a narrow space (we will call it a window) In my son's blacksmith shed (we will eventually call it my pottery shed) With these blue bottles just like this but with mortar between them.
What-chew gonna do?
(I keep buying cases of that beer and telling my husband,"Drink this, I need the bottles." )

Hey Greengenes, that's the same pic my sis showed me of something she wants to do on top of a trellis. Or maybe on the sides of a trellis. Or maybe it was an arbor?

I think the window idea will look very cool. :)

She also has already found two old bicycle rims that she wants to do a bottle thing with, and then frame the rims with wood to put between her and a nosy neighbor to block their view into her windows.
Like this, with a frame.
bike rim and bottles.jpg

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
A friend has been collecting blue wine bottles to do yard art without wanting to spend the money and drink all that wine (not sure whats is wrong with that!) She goes to the grocery store, and since we live in a state with a bottle deposit, She can buy empties out of the returned bottle bin for the cost of the deposit! SMART.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just love those blue bottles. I wish I liked the stuff that comes in them. Pieces of them would be great in some concrete stepping stones, along with pieces of old dishes, marbles, small pretty rocks. I may have to make some!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can always fish them out of a recycle bin So Lucky. That's how I'll have to get them I guess, since I don't drink.

I'm saving my green avocado oil bottles for part of the bottle tree, and would like to get some blue and red also. I understand the red ones aren't actually red glass, just coated with something. I know that's true for my one hummer feeder. The red is beginning to flake off. :/

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wait a minute!

Twitter just asked me yesterday if I'd take a short survey. Said I'd been specially selected.

It was short, I think only 4 questions. All about Bud light, I guess. Wanted to know if I'd seen any ads, no. Wanted to know what I thought of the beer, not much. Zero would be closer.

Now I'm thinking, "what beer comes in a blue bottle??" Google search. Bud light!

Greengenes, DW better not see this topic & these pictures!

Steve

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can always fish them out of a recycle bin So Lucky. That's how I'll have to get them I guess, since I don't drink.

I'm saving my green avocado oil bottles for part of the bottle tree, and would like to get some blue and red also. I understand the red ones aren't actually red glass, just coated with something. I know that's true for my one hummer feeder. The red is beginning to flake off. :/
Is red spray paint cheating?

Latest posts