That rascal!

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Just found my orneriest little dog who loves to climb things on the TOP (eye level) shelf in the greenhouse where he has destroyed about 24 of my month old tomato plants. I have no idea what induced him to go up there. Fortunately there are still a hundred others, but these were some special ones. Guess I'll have to replant. Aaaarg!!!

upload_2015-2-16_13-9-59.jpeg

King of the woodpile.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh goodness, what on earth would a dog want with tomato plants anyway? He looks like he might be reflecting on his bad deed. LOL.

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@journey11 this is an old photo of him undoubtedly reflecting on some other bad deed!
@Nyboy possibly, but orneriness comes to mind first. Perhaps I should give him the benefit of the doubt...his last caper was chewing the entire tractor seat off to get a mouse!
@so lucky they did appear to have been steamrolled so I think you are right on his 'technique'!
@Smart Red yes, he is very needy and jealous of everybody and everything (not to mention sneaky!) so I think you've hit the nail on the head! LOL

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
He looks like a JRT maybe? I will give him the benefit of the doubt and vote for NYboys idea of catching a mouse bent on destruction. So he's a hero!

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sullivan would love to be the hero, as he has self-esteem issues. I'm pretty sure he was kicked around in his former life. The vet thinks he's a dachshund/border collie (L) and his brother Gilbert a terrier/border collie (R). What do you think @Nyboy ?

They were abandoned and dug under the fence INTO our backyard three times so we let them stay. They keep our senior dog up and about (a veritable three-ring circus) and provide a lot of entertainment value!

upload_2015-2-16_21-0-38.jpeg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
A neighbor's four year old came into my greenhouse once and turned two flats upside down!

She must have just barely been able to reach the top of the bench to grab a hold of the flats. The only thing I could think of was that the bench was slatted so she chould see the bottom of the flats from underneath. Therefore, to get a look at the plants, but leave them where they were on top of the bench, she tipped them over!

I can no longer remember what plants they were, no doubt NOT tomatoes. She didn't break a one! Sometimes children and dogs get away with errant behavior, sometimes not ... Good luck on your next batch of plants, @flowerweaver !

Steve

Latest posts