The air is trying to kill me

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
SEVeyesB04_th[1].gif

I have NEVER had spring allergies before. NEVER. I get a bit of a stuffy head in the fall. A couple of days feeling a little off.. no big deal.
Suddenly this year I have ALLERGIES! What in the WORLD??? And in the SPRING! When we're all so happy to finally be outside again...
gaah[1].gif

I have been apologizing to all the folks who I have, in the past, 'poo-poo-ed' how miserable they said they were.

Chances are pretty good that many of yall have been suffering through this all along. WHAT DO YOU DO TO SURVIVE!?!?!?!
t3739[2].gif

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
View attachment 31080

I have NEVER had spring allergies before. NEVER. I get a bit of a stuffy head in the fall. A couple of days feeling a little off.. no big deal.
Suddenly this year I have ALLERGIES! What in the WORLD??? And in the SPRING! When we're all so happy to finally be outside again...View attachment 31082

I have been apologizing to all the folks who I have, in the past, 'poo-poo-ed' how miserable they said they were.

Chances are pretty good that many of yall have been suffering through this all along. WHAT DO YOU DO TO SURVIVE!?!?!?!
View attachment 31083
Try a Netti pot. Even ENT doctors and allergy doctors are recommending them. My allergies disappeared when I cut out all milk products, and wheat. I can use goat cheese, but that's it. And cutting back is not the answer.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Try a Netti pot. Even ENT doctors and allergy doctors are recommending them. My allergies disappeared when I cut out all milk products, and wheat. I can use goat cheese, but that's it. And cutting back is not the answer.

when the tree pollen is at the worst and i've been outside i'll come in and rinse out my sinuses and wash my face and rinse out my eyes. that really helps. i haven't used any meds for years now and i don't get the sinus infections i used to get each spring.

i usually wear a hat and am covered for sun protection so i don't need to wipe down or rinse off my hair, but if you do go outside when there is a lot of pollen in the air and then come back inside you don't want to lay on your pillow with all that pollen.

i can usually tell what direction the wind is blowing by how much my nose runs (the maple tree is in the north hedge and the lilac bush is to the NE).

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Find a local honey producer that sells raw honey and take a teaspoon of that honey each day, twice a day. It's like getting an allergy shot...eventually it will start to pay off as your body gets used to those histamines that are formed when you eat the honey.

It really does work!

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have eaten local honey for many years and I never have allergies. I take no pollen precautions either.

Same here! And I live in a grove of pine and autumn olive, so the pollen coats everything in a very thick layer every year...it actually blows through the air from those pines.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
DS used to have allergies to smoke and dust, not sure if pollen. He was always sneezing, coughing and after DH died, DS was sick constantly. He was dusting shelves and got sick. He got his first full time job and got sick because we had a windy day and dust was blowing. I bought a product last year for me because I started the Keto diet, which I have since stopped, but I told DS that it might help him because I thought both of us were also having adrenal gland fatigue. He started taking this and has never had an allergy of any kind since. https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Bergs-Adrenal-Cortisol-Support/dp/B06VT3QVG4

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we just got a container of honey from the local bee keeper.

he sends his bees all over the country.

they should be coming back soon from CA, GA, and FL.

i'll let you know if there is any difference, but i'd be surprised if there is...
i've been allergic to lilacs my whole life and even shots from doc
didn't calm that one down.

tree pollen allergy, doubt it will make any difference either since those
trees aren't pollinating when the bees are around.

i'm just finishing off the buckwheat honey he gave us, Mom didn't get
any this time because she didn't like it. it would be an acquired taste
for her. i can tolerate it, but don't need any more. i think a little bit
blended with regular honey would give a nicer darker color, but i think
this sells at a premium so i doubt the bee keeper would do that.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have eaten local honey for many years and I never have allergies. I take no pollen precautions either.

did you have allergies as a child? i've had them my whole life and in spite of doctor's efforts to desensitize me (weekly shots as a kid). they have changed though for some, like as a kid i could not eat citrus or eggs and pretty much any flower with a scent would get me wheezing. now i can eat some citrus (within limits - i'll break out in hives if i eat a lot of it), eggs are usually ok too, but i don't eat a lot of them at once very often - they're usually mixed in with other things and some flowers are ok, but lilacs will still kill me. of course, i love lilacs... :(