The Antique Rose Emporium ..anyone any experience with these folks?

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi Hi, (I love saying that) :p

I liked their site; but you know anything with roses is my thingy, but I clicked on the Garden Watchdog rating and did not like what I read in the one negative comment.

It is true. It only takes one rude and rotten transaction to make the rest of us stop and pay attention. I say unless you cannot find the rose you are looking for elsewhere I wouldn't use this company. Just the thought that they send out 2 gallons worth of soil. How can they justify that? Why are they not providing bareroot or at least a partial loam packing? I feel so sorry for that person that did not get a healthy rose. The fault is definitely with the company on this one, and I can tell just by the way they described the transaction that a secondary go-between is being utilized for placing the orders. This could be someone in a different Country for that matter, or an Answering Service that pays their employees nothing so they get the value of their customer service expertise.

Sorry, I adore roses, but I cannot handle bad customer service and especially misplaced and mishandled plant shipments. It is like they do not care. I would have worried the moment I did not receive a confirmation.

Just my Humble Opinion. After all if you are seeking a hard to find item, there is not much choice. Yet one person should be the most important customer you have; all it takes is one!

Goodluck,

Ron

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi there ! :frow

I agree with you Ron ; I prefer the look of this site:-

http://www.rosesofyesterday.com/bareroot.html

They have the rose HiD is looking for & they seem very clued up.

How are your roses doing? Some of mine are still blooming well but as a lot of mine are the old-fashioned climbers they only have one flush -- Luckily that happened in our short early summer which was rather hot. :frow

:rose Hattie :rose

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
HI,

Which rose were you looking for? Maybe I can help look.

Ron

oh, if you posted it already, I have to warn you I am nearly blind in my old age LOL :p

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have ordered from Antique Rose Emporium and was very happy with what I received. I have to say, I've done more business with Heirloom Roses than them, though. Just because I like their selection better. As for letting one opinion out of many sway you - well, I think you have to weigh it all. They get a :thumbsup from me.