The girls found a stock trailer they wanted```

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
We went and had a look~ pretty good~ could use a new floor~ cleaned up and painted``` It's a Haley~ Made in Texas``` what'a you thinks```
IMG_0678.JPG

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
If you can restore the floor you have a good deal here. We replaced a rotting out 3yo floor in our first trailer, a 4 horse stock, which we bought new. Our friend was very good at this and did a great job.
We (embarrassed) loaded 5 horses in this trailer too often. One family vacation (with just 4 loaded up) our tires started smoking while driving through SD. We rode the shoulder on I-90 to an exit with a shop. They told us that the axle was bent and they couldn't fix That, but they shaved off the extra (superficial) metal that was hitting the tires and that we should get it repaired in Rapid City. We dropped off the horses at our camp in the Black Hills, found a shop and left it there for a week.
THEY couldn't replace the axle, but they fixed semi's and bent it straight (enough for us to get home) and also put heavy duty semi-truck type shocks on it, all for $300.00
We took the horses home and had a local shop replace the axle.
We bought this trailer in 1986 for $3K.
We sold it in 2000 at a local horse auction...for $3K...to the guy who had sold it to us!!
He didn't remember us, but we remembered him and had a good laugh.
Go figure...
DD still thinks we should have bought another stock trailer bc we moved furniture, etc. from my MIL's house after she passed away. They make excellent all purpose trailers because they hold a LOT of stuff and are easy to load. We used to live in town and since we kept this on the cement right next to our neighbor's house, I used to scrub that floor clean. I knew that floor better than I knew my kitchen floor.
Good luck with your restoration!

Latest posts