the girls vet visit...

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
well for 300.00 both are up to date on all their shots ...no lyme disease, no heart worms...
another vet looked over the x-rays mention that nola might have either a bruised or possible a torn muscle
on both legs, highly recommended to keep her fur trimmed on the bottom of her feet so she could get better traction and keep her on a leash while on our walks....

if it not does not heal in a couple months, he would recommend surgery ......

so theres the update......

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good luck with the leash walking. Do not feel guilty if you stop and let her live the way she always has. Torn muscle will heal on its own just takes a very long time. The surgery helps cut down on recovery time. What Vets kind of gloss over is after care. Getting a large dog who has had leg surgery outside several times a day can be back breaking work. I am assuming while your at work the Mrs will be left with that job. My dog I would let mother nature heal her.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's difficult to get a dog through the healing process after surgery, anyway. I remember (with pain) that cone of shame that Penny had to wear. My shins were constantly being scraped by that thing. We felt so bad for her, but she wouldn't leave her butt alone without it. (For you newer members, our dog had anal gland surgery a couple years back)

So yeah, if there's a way to let her heal naturally, I say go for it.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
She will heal up on her own, our lgd tore up muscles in his hind legs until he could hardly walk . We took him to vet and they said he would heal on his own. It has been little more than a year, he doing much better but has a slight limp now.

Latest posts