The Jolly Green Giant has gone mad ```

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Yesterday I actually got stuck on this road,(there was many feet of snow) front of the mountain spread ~ down a hundred yards from here toward where the road ends ~ so I walk back, got the snowblower and cut a path back to the truck and began digging the truck out ( the snow was up to the top of the hood on this raised Ford ~ I made a couple passes behind the truck hundred of yards ~ so I could back to the approach in front of my house ```

The Jolly Green Giant ~ this is a Polish fellow I've known for years ~ must be 6' 8" ~ we were bachelors together years ago ~ use to go skiing ~ go out looking for female company,. work on truck ~ get smashed and laugh and talk ```

Well ~ he walks go where I was digging out from his place and with a look on his face as if the enemy was coming over the hill firing on the village ~ and says: Why did you come down here anyway, back out the way you came in " That's what I'm doing Don ~ You know I have to get out of here and you've blocked the road: says he ~ I'm doing the best I can Don ~ You're foolish Richard ~ Yes Don I know that ~ Now you've blocked the road, he says: like you do every time it snows ~ "I have never blocked the road folks" Don and I kept this road open, we're the only ones on this part ``````` Anyway I backs out and sit there for a spell ~ but he never come out ```

What trial,what pain could he be going through that he should be loosing his mind, ~ Coleen doesn't come round to his place anymore ~ but that's been a long, long while must be something new, mustn't be money ~ his father owns the house and he's got lots of work it seems ~ he black tops driveways and does snow removal ```

Don't know whether to sit back and wait for him to stop by with a sorry or go and ask if I can help ```

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
First of all, let me say how nice it is to read of your compassion for a friend, instead of responding in anger and condemning him.
That reveals your character.

If it were me I might give it a day or two to let things settle a bit, then pay him a friendly visit and see if he needs someone to listen.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I actually got stuck on this road,(there was many feet of snow) front of the mountain spread ~ down a hundred yards from here toward where the road ends ~ so I walk back, got the snowblower and cut a path back to the truck and began digging the truck out ( the snow was up to the top of the hood on this raised Ford ~ I made a couple passes behind the truck hundred of yards ~ so I could back to the approach in front of my house ```

The Jolly Green Giant ~ this is a Polish fellow I've known for years ~ must be 6' 8" ~ we were bachelors together years ago ~ use to go skiing ~ go out looking for female company,. work on truck ~ get smashed and laugh and talk ```

Well ~ he walks go where I was digging out from his place and with a look on his face as if the enemy was coming over the hill firing on the village ~ and says: Why did you come down here anyway, back out the way you came in " That's what I'm doing Don ~ You know I have to get out of here and you've blocked the road: says he ~ I'm doing the best I can Don ~ You're foolish Richard ~ Yes Don I know that ~ Now you've blocked the road, he says: like you do every time it snows ~ "I have never blocked the road folks" Don and I kept this road open, we're the only ones on this part ``````` Anyway I backs out and sit there for a spell ~ but he never come out ```

What trial,what pain could he be going through that he should be loosing his mind, ~ Coleen doesn't come round to his place anymore ~ but that's been a long, long while must be something new, mustn't be money ~ his father owns the house and he's got lots of work it seems ~ he black tops driveways and does snow removal ```

Don't know whether to sit back and wait for him to stop by with a sorry or go and ask if I can help ```

living alone can be tough for some people...

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi, thistlebloom ~ well ~ the first effect was ~ I felt alone,like I hadn't a friend in the world ~ I went in the house ~ there was a text from daughter ~ saying she wouldn't be home for lunch because of the snow, she'd see me tonight ~ then another one saying: "I love you dad" ~ then I knew I would be alright ```

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi, thistlebloom ~ well ~ the first effect was ~ I felt alone,like I hadn't a friend in the world ~ I went in the house ~ there was a text from daughter ~ saying she wouldn't be home for lunch because of the snow, she'd see me tonight ~ then another one saying: "I love you dad" ~ then I knew I would be alright ```

and the keys will be the last place you look... :)

does she snowshoe to get in when the snow gets deep?

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
IMG_1101.JPG

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Go with your gut and help. We cannot always count on a thank you.
DH says that he doesn't have a lot of friends, but he does nice things and says nice things to people ALL OF THE TIME. So often, we are in a local restaurant and somebody comes up to him to say "hi" and ask how things are. I Remind him of how well liked he really is.
God sends you where he needs things done. Period.
Btw, make extra sets of keys! Finally listing my old truck this week. I will give away 5 ignition keys when I sell it. EVERYBODY loses keys.

Period.

Last edited:

Latest posts