The peppers won't grow.

Grow 4 Food

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
OK

I have started several tomatoes and several more peppers. The tomatoes have come up about 90% which wasn't too bad for a 1st timer. However I can't seem to get the peppers to grow, hot or sweet either one. What do they need differently than the tomatoes? What am I doing wrong?

They are in a 75 degree room. They have circulating air. They are getting watered daily but not kept soaking wet. What do they need? I realize they require more time to sprout but I am looking at a week longer then it says already.

HELP! :he

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
These are seeds packaged for sale, right, not from a pepper you bought at the supermarket?

I'd give them more bottom heat (peppers like *hot*) and more time. And make sure they are not buried too deep -- I keep mine practically on the surface of the soil.

Good luck,

Pat

Purple Strawberry

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Good Morning,

I purchased a pepper seed growig kit at Lowe's and started them on the 7th of March and they just started showing this weekend. I am not sure how long yours have been going but mine took a LOT longer than anything else I planted.

Good Luck,

Angie

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I had the same issue... my peppers wouldn't grow!!!

Then I ordered an apricot tree and was told not to grow them near each other... so I gave up anyways.

Yes, bottom heat is what I keep hearing... something like the soil needs to be between 65-70 degrees to get them to germinate! I found a site with more help them that, but I didn't book mark it.

Ellie

Leafing Out
Reaction score
What Pat said, and further, peppers take longer to germinate than peppers. Just wait and see!!!