The Sun didn't Rise

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
An hour after official sunrise, it couldn't be seen. Two hours, it still isn't there.

Too much smoke!

Nearest airport reports less than 3 mile visibility and calm winds. Wildfires! Smoke from every direction.

Steve

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
That sounds awful, Steve. How do you breathe with all that smoke in the air? I remember having a huge wild fire a good few miles from our farm in South Africa years ago. We all coughed non-stop for a week. It was horrible! Hope it clears up soon for you guys :hugs

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Unhealthy, Unhealthy, Unhealthy

Days with that rating.

I was telling my neighbor about the Rogue Valley and the use of "smudgepots" on the many acres of peach and pear orchards when I was a kid. The smoke from waste oil would fill the valley during spring weeks to protect the tree blossoms from frost. That's how our growing seasons began but then the forest fires of summer ...

Thank Heavens that health conscious people put a stop to "smudging!"

Steve

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We've had some pretty big fires here on the island, one fairly close to us, had to keep the windows and doors shut, but only for a couple of days. Looks like climate change is wrecking havoc all over this world of ours :(.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I received an e- mail for an unhealthy air warning due to fire smoke from the Public Health Dept. at 11;30 today ... it lasts until Wed. midnight. :caf

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
You all be safe, in wild fire country. We are praying for several days of gentle rain for the north west. No flash floods!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We were out driving about dinner-time, yesterday. The car's gasoline fumes adding to the atmospheric mix.

The Sun, that had been something on a red orb thru midday, disappeared again! Visibility was at 1/2 mile at the nearby airport. Air quality was above 300 - Hazardous.

No sunrise this morning and air quality still above 300.

Steve

Latest posts