There She Blows

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Turned on the outside water today, reminded me of movie when Moby Dick comes up for air. Water was spraying straight up in air and not from sprinkler head. Did get lucky nephew friends a plumber he coming back during week to fix. He discovered some thing with my water system, when he took the cover off one of the tanks it had never been set. I can not believe for 10 years it was never used :thWhen he set it the sulfur smell did go away. I telling myself it been working all these years someone turned it off to work on pipes. I hate well water !!!!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
You don't hate well water, you just hate that incompetent workmen have not doe the right job. Nice that your nephew had a good friend that is also a good plumber.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay the water untreated from my well has a strong sulfur smell. I once dated someone who know matter how long we where at house would not shower in it.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Interesting that they had some type of treatment for sulfur water. Are you now going to collect a lot of sulfur you'll have to dispose of. When I was working in Kazakhstan in a sour gas field we had to separate the sulfur out of the natural gas liquids and the gas before we could put them in the pipelines. We had mountains of sulfur you could see from space. We also hauled off trainloads of sulfur to reduce the amount.

One of my uncles drilled four or five different wells on his property trying to get sweet water but hit sulfur water each time. He finally gave up and used a sulfur water well. You could smell that when you walked into his house.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not sure where the sulfur goes system does make a difference in smell. A another thing water does is stain things brownish red. Was told that from heavy load of iron in water

Latest posts