These guys are gonna spoil me!!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seed Orders. I know that the shipping charges can deter customers but I just can't resist. Besides, order enuf and shipping is often free.

These guys are gonna spoil me!! I must have gotten on Stokes' cranky customers list! They notify me by email on every step of their response to the order. Years ago, it once took them an unusually long time. I sent them a list of companies I ordered from that spring and the date the packages arrived from those other sources. Stokes has upped their performance and are fully competitive on response ... and over-response.

The champion again this year was Kitizawa. I was notified of the shipment on the same day as I sent in the online order! Wow! And ... Kitazawa is 100 years old in 2017! No sign that they are slowing down!

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
"Tracking ..."

Three shipments in transit ... exciting! No, I haven't checked on them every 4 hours ... more like twice that ;).

I'm betting on the one from Wisconsin arriving first and on a Saturday. However, altho it may arrive with the mail carrier, it was shipped UPS. I remember being startled the first time I saw a UPS truck backing up to a post office.

I gave the WI outfit a day's head start with the order. UPS already dropped the ball once when their computer didn't connect to USPS after the transfer. Intense anxiety set in!

No, I'm kidding :). I discovered tracking a few months ago and just get caught up in theplacesthey'vebeen on their way to my little place on Earth. Think I'd better go drop some more of last year's onion seed in the potting soil before viability wears off. Ya know, Osborne Seed actually prints

"Steve"
on the seed packets so I know that they're for me and not my neighbor :D

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mail Call:

Stokes!

Not Wisconsin seed! Almost all the way across the continent and USPS all the way ... UPS must have fumbled. So much for their $11m/year CEO!

;) Steve

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
probably drop shipped from a supplier. i've had this happen before when i've had packages shipped & i watch the tracking info go across country to land around Boston, MA then to have it take off from there to send northeast up to Portland, ME just to travel west to Manchester, NH then back east to Portsmouth, NH then up to my home city to sit 1 more day before it finally makes it onto the doorstep.

Latest posts