Thessaloniki Oxheart

HmooseK

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This bad boy is doing great here in Texas.

IMG_4980.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thessaloniki was the first heirloom tomato that I deliberately grew. I say deliberately because I grew heirlooms like Large Red Cherry without knowing that they were considered heirlooms. This is also aside from growing my grandmother's tomatoes :).

I bought a couple of nice tomatoes from a farmers' market vendor and saved the seed. The fruit was good and the nice plants made me a believer ;). Thessaloniki does well enough in my garden that I feel that I have it to fall back on if I ever lose interest in buying seed. I have added a few to that short list since.

That there is an oxheart variety, I wasn't aware of until just a couple of years ago.

Steve

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Someone gave me seeds for a heirloom called Cour Di Bue, oxheart tomatoes from Italy. A few plants were placed in the ground yesterday so we will see how these make out in New York.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Keep us posted please. I'm on the hunt for oxheart varieties to try.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Someone gave me seeds for a heirloom called Cour Di Bue, oxheart tomatoes from Italy. A few plants were placed in the ground yesterday so we will see how these make out in New York.
Keep us in loop

Latest posts