This is Why I Stay Out of My Woods

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Easy fix, DONT TAKE A SELFIE WITH A RATTLESNAKE!!!!!!!!

Should have let him die and take his stupid genes out of human gene pool.......

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
That, @seedcorn, was my first thought. Why would anyone think taking a selfie with a rattler to be a good idea!

I am sure, @Nyboy, that you are smarter than that. Make a bit of noise as you meander through the woods and the snakes will be eager to get out of your way. They don't care to be in selfies with humans as that usually ends up badly for them; sometimes for the humans.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can't find the article but it listed how many venomous snake bites there were in Arkansas over a period of years. The majority were copperheads with several moccasins. Rattlesnake bites were extremely rare, almost non-existent. Statistically most venomous snake bites involved young men and alcohol doing something stupid.

It's always possible you can accidentally step on one but as Red said, make noise as you go through the woods and you will probably be OK.

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can't count the stupid things I did when I was younger. One in particular did involve a rattlesnake. Out riding the backroads, drinking beer with friends, we happened upon a huge rattlesnake. Rednecks bailed out of the truck, beer in one hand, rifles in the other....... dead snake. It was over five feet long.

Wound up in a beer joint. just across the river from. a dry county. I just HAD to go get the snake.I drug that snake in the door, shaking it's 13 rattles and yelling SNAKE!!!! Drunken rednecks piled out the back. The owner of the place was so mad at me and told me to get the &%$#* snake outs there, which I bargained into free beer for me and my friends.

Probably one of the reasons I quit drinking, I don't need help making an idiot out of myself. I do a Jim-Dandy job of that stone cold sober.

Oh, but the snake story doesn't end there..... I took it home, nailed it to the wall, skinned and gutted it. I cut it in about 2" pieces, corn leaked it and fried it. Pretty darn good. Snake story don't stop here neither.

Next day I took a plate of fried snake to work. I. worked in a welding shop. building oil field pumping units. I placed. my plate of fried snake in. the welding rod oven. to keep it warm until. lunch.

I set the plate on our lunch table and told. everybody it was fish. They all dug in. Yum yum! They told me how good it was. One fella, Bubba, (always a Bubba in a redneck story) was terrified of snakes. His. grin disappeared when I. asked him if he wanted to. know what he really just ate. When I said snake, he almost knocked my head off. LOL

Latest posts