Ticks Are Out Of Control

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
hell yes... thank goodness for flea and tick collars on the girls.. still give them full body search at least once a day. and we are vaccuming the carpet 3 times a week now....
hard to keep the girls out of the woods.. hopefully it will be a dry weekend going to spray the critter pile plus the fence along the dog yard and a few other areas...

everytime i feel an itch think it's a tick walking over me.....

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ticks are bad here this year. We have free ranging chickens that are usually good at controlling them but I have got more ticks off me this year than in many years past. Why I don't know because we generally have mild winters every year.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
The tabby cat hasn't had a one but the white cat has had many, many small deer ticks on him. I had to finally break down and give him a bath in flea and tick shampoo and apply a collar to him. They are still attaching to him but seem to die shortly thereafter, as they just fall off in my hand when I go to pluck one.

None on the dogs at all, as they can only range where the chickens do and the chickens are excellent hunters.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I use a rotation grazing method for the cows, so I'm out walking through waist-high grass every couple of days moving fence lines. I haven't found a tick yet. I use really good essential oils - in my laundry, in the shower, in lotion, as a spray. Peppermint, lemongrass, lavender, citronella.