Tire Question

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I need to get 2 tires for front of truck, back has new tires I bought over a year ago. Do front tires have to be same as back tires ? I bought back tires on ebay I wanted white walls. A lot of tire ads on ebay say Not DOT approved what does that mean ? Here is photo of back tires

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
upload_2018-8-17_12-29-6.png
upload_2018-8-17_12-28-51.png
upload_2018-8-17_12-28-51.png

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had no idea that DOT approved regular'ol passenger vehicle tires.... ?? Transport truck tires maybe.. but cars and pickups??

LIKE the wide white walls!!

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not DOT approved means they are not street legal, for show or race track use only

in other words a unsafe for the road.......and if johnny law stops you could get a ticket and have call a tow truck...

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
by the way send those wheels out to be powder coated, get that done by a professional not a company that does mass quantity..
ask questions..
what size shot do they use..no bigger than 180 is preferred....any larger it will leave pits in the metal
do they use a magnesium wash.....helps with powder sticking and also a rust inhibitor.
what type of powder do they use....if they say ppg keep shopping

you what a high quality powder primer on then a high quality powder paint

just to keep them honest do a mek rub on the wheels before you pay mek can be purchased at any box store and a couple q-tips, dip the q-tip in the mek and rub 10 times on the wheel, no paint should come off,. if it does the wheel was not cured correctly and will start rusting fairly quickly....

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
to be honest with you i bet the inside of those wheels are all rusted and pitted.... if your your going to make this a "forever truck" it might be cheaper to go ahead and buy new wheels....

would go with black chrome.....

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tires are painted ? Like the Mek tip
the only part is the white....and thats after they come out of the mold..

my suggestion is to take some photos and go to a wheel/tire shop they can hook you up with what you want.....

Latest posts