To Garden or not to Garden?

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Could name this thread my 2017 journal of despair. :\

Marley just chewed up a flat of pansies. Not off to a good start...

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It has to get better from here! Is your garden fenced? The first year we were here, I put up plastic netting, like a snow fence, to keep the dogs out. Maybe Marley had a really strong hankering for salad? :barnie

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lucky pansies willn't hurt them. One spring my dog ate flowers I picked up that day. She got very sick throwing up bloody diarrhea. One plant was foxglove which I thought effects heart. Of course happens Sat night. Trip to 24 hour animal hosptal cost me over $600. Wall to wall white carpet runed. I believe they gave her pepto bismol :he Taught me to be very careful where I leave flats now

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
This one dog is almost more than I can handle. :confused: She's getting spayed tomorrow. Hopefully that will slow her down a little. Somebody also told me to try Bach's Rescue Remedy, so I'm going to order some of that for those days when we're gone all day because she becomes a totally obnoxious puppy-shark and wears us out when we get home.

I knew pansies were edible, so I didn't worry. This dog was pulling the rose bush clippings out of my wheelbarrow and running away with them yesterday! :eek: There is nothing she won't eat. Definitely will keep peroxide on hand. She's worse than a toddler. It's hard to imagine just what she'll eat or tear up next. DH is supposed to make her a run around the back of the house so I can get her out of my flowerbeds. She's really trampled them. What tulips or daffodils she missed squashing, the neighbor kids picked. :barnie

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
51U4pEWSMpL._AC_US160_.jpg
Dogs can still bark when wearing theses they just pronounce differently, they say something like MUF MUF MUF.

Latest posts