Tomato seeds ordered!

Surfing through some tomato threads and found tomatogrowers.com, never used them before ,checked them out, had all my regulars, got my order in for the following....

Better Boy VFN Hybrid
Cherokee Purple
Brandywine
Husky Cherry Red Hybrid

Flats ready to go, getting my tables cleaned off, plan to put seed down weekend of Feb.10th, Any more NC growers near Zone 8 starting tomato's?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nowhere near NC but I have bought seed from Tomato Growers several times.

For those who usually receive their spring catalog -- don't wait for a Tomato Growers Supply catalog this year. The company has been sold and they are just online for 2018.

Vince and Linda Sapp started the company in the 80's. Vince passed away quite a few years ago and Linda has recently sold the company.

I trust that they continue to be a good source.

I've grown the Husky cherries and liked them. My neighbor grows Better Boy every year and they do very well.

Steve

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Maybe I will check this place out for this seasons seeds. Going to try putting in a patch of paste type tomatoes this year. I need to research which varieties might be best for zone 5/6 . I have only tried the better boy from your list and it was a long time back. I like growing cherry tomatoes and trynew ones every year. Steve mentioned jelly bean tomatoes in a post a while back it is on my list this year.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'm just a country mile north of you greensboro area <zone7>

wouldn't be starting my tomato,bell pepper,eggplant till 1st or 2nd week of march...
will be growing 3 types of tomatoes this year, 2 will be new to me...

my usual..mariana a heavy bearing plum type ..
dsc_0138-jpg.8432

then the "new yorker" tomato that @Nyboy sent...
and finally "phoenix" bred for the southern hot regions..

Last edited:

Order came in yesterday, packaged really nice. 25$ worth of seed, 5$ for shipping. They even sent a bonus pack of Cherokee green Tomato seeds. Never tried those, looks like another row in the tomato garden.

Latest posts