Tomatos in my greenhouse

missourigirl11

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I went on a planting spree the other day and yesterday I counted how many tomato plants I have planted. I have 720!! OH MY! :lol: This is my first year with a greenhosue so I got a little excited. Gonna try to sell them later on. lol

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
229.gif
720???????

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wow 720 tomato plants.....:ep You're going to have a tomato jungle with that many.

missourigirl11

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
It shocked me too! :lol: I did not realize I had planted that many HAHAHAHA! I only have about 3 or 4 different kinds. If I don't sell most of them I have NO IDEA what I will do with them LOL

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can try several little marketing things.

Have some Yard Sales.

If they are especially healthy and nice, one of your local nurseries might buy some or do a little consignment thing. Be prepared to be the one to water them there, and have them well labeled.

You can grow them and sell a lot of tomatoes at yard sales. Check on local ordinances.

You can grow them and make lots of salsa to sell. Check local ordinances.

I'd do the yard sale thing to sell them as plants, for several weekends if needed. Might want to make flyers, put a classified in a local newspaper.

Sure is easy to plant too many, isn't it?

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
What about contacting some of the local harvest groups or neighborhood gardens and seeing if they want donated tomato plants as tax write off? I'm sure if you contacted some of the local gardening clubs they'd be able to direct you were to go. You may not get actual $ in hand but you'll get a nice tax write off at the end of the year.

Your helping feed local people in neighborhoods who often don't have access to fresh fruits and veggies. A handful of tomato plants won't feed everybody but there will be a people who will be very grateful for the kindness and generosity of others such as yourself.

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here's a pic of my way of planting an over abundence of tomato plants last year. I don't recall how many I started but there were a bunch. I think I sold a couple hundred and gave away that many more.
On the day pictured I think I had 50/75 left and this was my planting method!!!

6194_dscf0842.jpg

THANX RICH

Latest posts