Tractor babes

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am officially a tractor babe of the first order. My John Deere tractor was delivered today along with a two hour session of hands on training in its use with the salesman. I dug out a tree with the back hoe! Success!

It wasn't a huge tree, but a good sized lilac that happened to have moved itself to the wrong place. I have to suspect it moved itself since, once the roots were out of the ground I found it was still in its 4 inch pot! Silly to see such a big plant with a tiny plastic 'box' around it's toes, much like those Japanese women of long ago with their feet wrapped as a child.

Almost as exciting, Son and friends cleaned out a good part of the wood shop garage and made room for the tractor to have an inside home when it's not in use. We had to measure before I parked it inside. 90 inches tall, it just fit into my 93 inch high door opening. I'm so glad Spouse had built that shed door higher than the house garage.

Now looking to sell the bobcat and the old IH tractor that now need a new home since the new lean green work'n machine arrived.

Pictures to follow, but I want a Grand around to take the picture of me and mine. Not sure a selfie would do the machine justice.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
tractor.jpg
Does it have a name yet?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
View attachment 15662 Does it have a name yet?
It pretty much does look like the photo canesisters posted -- without the bucket and back hoe attached, of course.

I got a deal (so says the salesman) when this tractor came in first. It has about $1800 in extras than the one I contracted for. This model has a fancier, more comfortable seat, rear windshield wipers, extra work lights added to the tractor back, and such as that, with no change in the price to me.

The back hoe or the bucket can be removed or replaced in less than five minutes rather than the 3-5 hours he says his older model takes him. Yup, I can get the back hoe off and on myself. Also learned that I can't open the back window to hear or give directions when putting the back hoe back on. Tried that and it had to be removed again so I could close the window before installation 'cuz the open window sat on the back hoe seat. . . no room for me.

I will learn!!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey! Congratulations! Sounds like a great tractor. With an enclosed cab like that I suppose you will be able to work comfortably in all sorts of weather. Your family will probably have to pry you out of there, you'll be finding so many things to do with it.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
:hiti want my tractor now! i have so many projects i could use it on!

congrats Red. i hope it is fun to run around on! does it have an auger to help put in those fence posts?

Latest posts