Transplanting

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am being transplanted from SE Oregon to S Calif in a couple of months. I will be living in a mobile trailer and managing a new Equestrian Center. I don't know how much I will be allotted for a yard, but I so very much want to take some of my plants with me! I have a couple of roses I want to bring, one of which I don't know the name so I couldn't possibly replace it. This is the third time I have to start over and I just can't afford to buy everything again to do my landscaping. I can divide some of the stuff, like my daylillies and I am going to collect seed from my hollyhocks, etc. but I also have some larger shrubs I'm not sure how to go about moving. Any ideas?

I am also going to have to do container gardening for my vegetables...

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
It sounds like a wonderful opportunity, but I'd be just heartbroken to have to leave my 'nest'.
I agree with Mary, take as much soil with you as you can. And baby, baby, baby them.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have often put a dug shrub in a large heavy duty trash bag. It's easier than trying to cram the root ball into a large pot.
In fact, (this is embarrassing ) I have many times overwintered a shrub that didn't get in the ground in time, in a trash bag.

I'd be happy to share some of my perennials with you this fall. :)

Latest posts