Tried a new recipe, Yum

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This one was in a commercial for Save on Foods, usually block out (mind set) or, zip past all commercials if the program has been saved to watch at a later date. I was zipping through when something caught my eye so went back for a look. "Balsamic Roasted Yams and Shallots".

I didn't have any shallots so subbed small cooking onions, peeled and quartered leaving the root intact so they wouldn't fall apart, I also added a few beets cooked long enough to slip the skins off, some eat beets with the skins on but I preferred them disrobed :). I also added some carrots cut lengthwise. OMG was this good.

Here's the recipe for anyone who would like to try it. It's become a favorite in our house.

https://www.saveonfoods.com/recipes/balsamic-roasted-yams-shallots/

Annette

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
sounds g
This one was in a commercial for Save on Foods, usually block out (mind set) or, zip past all commercials if the program has been saved to watch at a later date. I was zipping through when something caught my eye so went back for a look. "Balsamic Roasted Yams and Shallots".

I didn't have any shallots so subbed small cooking onions, peeled and quartered leaving the root intact so they wouldn't fall apart, I also added a few beets cooked long enough to slip the skins off, some eat beets with the skins on but I preferred them disrobed :). I also added some carrots cut lengthwise. OMG was this good.

Here's the recipe for anyone who would like to try it. It's become a favorite in our house.

https://www.saveonfoods.com/recipes/balsamic-roasted-yams-shallots/

Annette

sounds good to me. i like about any root veggie when roasted and burnt a little. :)

the basic taste of burnt sugar has gotta be an addictive substance. i've been known to light up marshmallows on a fork with a bic...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i've seen those, but never actually tried them. the shape/color/texture just doesn't appeal to me enough i guess. i do really like peanut brittle though and the related candy sea foam.

Latest posts