Unknown ground cover

Lady Bug

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I have a very lovely ground cover that I cannot find any info on. Its growth is very much like Dichondra, except the leaves are oval and slightly serrated. It stays evergreen here in NC. It is a slow spreader.

Its great as a ground cover as it spreads but doesn't grow more that about 2 inches tall. It also grows very well under pine trees.

Any info would be great.

Attachments

• Plant-ID-ground-cover-1.jpg
    Plant-ID-ground-cover-1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 468
  • Plant-ID-ground-cover-2.jpg
    Plant-ID-ground-cover-2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:

Lady Bug

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
It does have a tiny flower, I think it was blue. I have creeping Jenny, but it is not the same plant. It does seem to grow like Creeping Jenny, but the leaves are larger. Creeping Jenny is a chartreuse color, more lime green than dark green The mature leaves on this plant are much darker.

In the photo I see that the color looks lighter than they usually do. Probably because I took the photos with the early morning sun. If you look at the photos, the Creeping Jenny has definite round smooth leaves. The unknown is more ovate and fuzzy.

Attachments

• Unknown-ground-cover-close-.jpg
    Unknown-ground-cover-close-.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 481
  • Creeping-Jenny-3.jpg
    Creeping-Jenny-3.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 423
  • Creeping-Jenny-4.jpg
    Creeping-Jenny-4.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 439
Last edited:

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a very lovely ground cover that I cannot find any info on. Its growth is very much like Dichondra, except the leaves are oval and slightly serrated. It stays evergreen here in NC. It is a slow spreader.

Its great as a ground cover as it spreads but doesn't grow more that about 2 inches tall. It also grows very well under pine trees.

Any info would be great.

i'm not sure that picture 5 is the plant you're asking about because that does look like creeping jenny to me too...

you are only asking about the first two pictures right?

Lady Bug

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
i'm not sure that picture 5 is the plant you're asking about because that does look like creeping jenny to me too...

you are only asking about the first two pictures right?

In the second group I posted 2 images of Creeping Jenny for comparison. The first one in that group, titled unknown ground cover, is the plant I'd like to ID.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert

Latest posts