Uploading pics to forum?

Kristie

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I am trying to add a picture to a new thread from my iPhone, not sure how to go about that... is that something I will need to do on the computer instead?

Thanks!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lots of people do that here, but I am not one of them. I bet someone will come along who can help. Welcome to the forum, if we haven't said that yet.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now, I was hoping someone with an iPhone would jump in ...

I use my android phone to post pictures. Because TEG has such an easy save process, I can upload and save an image. Then, I can come back later and type a message on a keyboard that better fits my digitS' :).

You may need a certain number of posts to use "Upload a File." Do you see that button beneath the text box?

You can click that and find the picture in your phone by clicking "Documents." Clicking that picture results in TEG beginning to upload.

You see the image uploading below the text box and will then be given the choice of "Thumbnail," "Full Image" or "Delete."

Set things up in your text so that your picture shows just where you want it and click thumbnail or full and the picture will appear right there in the post after you click "Post Reply."

As I say, TEG may have a minimum number of posts required before you can upload a picture for everyone to see. Some forums require that and it makes sense if they do. Just join in on conversations with questions and respond with your answers, ideas, and observations. Might as well have fun ... yes?!

Steve
Edit to do show this basket of shallots. By the way, do you see the lemongrass plants and the potted lemon verbena behind the basket? ;):

4989_shallots.jpg

Last edited:

Kristie

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Lots of people do that here, but I am not one of them. I bet someone will come along who can help. Welcome to the forum, if we haven't said that yet.
Thank you! :)

Kristie

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Now, I was hoping someone with an iPhone would jump in ...

I use my android phone to post pictures. Because TEG has such an easy save process, I can upload and save an image. Then, I can come back later and type a message on a keyboard that better fits my digitS' :).

You may need a certain number of posts to use "Upload a File." Do you see that button beneath the text box?

You can click that and find the picture in your phone by clicking "Documents." Clicking that picture results in TEG beginning to upload.

You see the image uploading below the text box and will then be given the choice of "Thumbnail," "Full Image" or "Delete."

Set things up in your text so that your picture shows just where you want it and click thumbnail or full and the picture will appear right there in the post after you click "Post Reply."

As I say, TEG may have a minimum number of posts required before you can upload a picture for everyone to see. Some forums require that and it makes sense if they do. Just join in on conversations with questions and respond with your answers, ideas, and observations. Might as well have fun ... yes?!

Steve
Edit to do show this basket of shallots. By the way, do you see the lemongrass plants and the potted lemon verbena behind the basket? ;):

4989_shallots.jpg
Thank you so much Steve! I shall give it a whirl!
What a beautiful picture of shallots! :). I am considering planting some lemon grass around our house as well!!! I heard it is a good mosquito repellant! I just hope it smells a lot better than the citronella plants I have

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of lemongrass ... for some reason.

I like citrus flavors. I really like that Lemon Verbena since I first grew a plant about 10 years ago. It makes a wonderful tea, just by itself!

Shallots are a very low production veggie but they are also wonderful. Some southern gardeners have trouble growing them and I guess that's latitude and the whole short-day, long-day thing with onions making bulbs.

How some ever! Shallots are a big deal in places like Thailand. I think we must need Southeast Asian varieties for southern gardening and leave the French and Dutch varieties for the north. I don't know where the seed companies are coming up short on this. Of course, once you have shallots, you don't really need to buy them again ... unless you are like DW and me, and eat all of them one winter ...

Steve
just a minute or two south of Paris, but not a full degree of latitude :)

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
to post pix, click on "Upload a File". Click on photo library, chose photo, follow instructions. Works on my IPhone.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
DSCF3721.JPG

I just wanted to try Seed's method on my computer. It works a lot better than what I've been doing. Thanks, @seedcorn .

It's a lousy photo but I'm a lousy photographer. I can live with that. These are the chicks I hatched last week end and are in my brooder in the coop. It doesn't look like it but I have 22.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well if the chicks would cooperate, stand still and SMILE, it would be easy. Actually can't take credit as someone told me this on another thread about not being able to post pictures.

Latest posts