Using hydroponic fertilizer

Todd Ziegler

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have been using, exclusively, fertilizers designed for hydroponics this year and I am having wonderful results. I have to put this out there because I am sure this has a lot to do with my success. Where I have my garden this year, is a spot that has never grown anything but grass and grazing cattle.
I am seeing some amazing results from the foliar spraying that I am doing with the hydroponic fertilizer. The labels on the fertilizers do tell you wether they can be used in soil or not. The vast majority of the hydroponic fertilizer can be used in soil.
I am doing a somewhat controlled study with my tomato plants. I have used the fertilizer left over (granular) from last year and the miracle grow (spray) on 4 tomato plants in my old garden but I expanded my old garden by 10 feet into ground that has never been used before, so everything is on level playing field. Here are some pictures. Notice the dates on these potatos, which have been part of my new fertilizer program.
All the tomato plants that I am using are the same variety and started at the same time, the variety is Don Juan. It is a slicer /paste tomato.
If you have any questions please ask me because I love discussing these things.

Attachments

• IMG_20170624_082027.jpg
    IMG_20170624_082027.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 209
  • 2017-07-09-11-12-37.jpg
    2017-07-09-11-12-37.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 191

Latest posts