VFem Your Recipe Please.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nyboy said:
Can you share how you make stuffed cheese squash flowers? I think cheese makes everything better.
Thanks for asking..........I want it too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
HAhahaha....

Ok, its all about the squash blossoms so make sure you get up early when they're open. Pick more then you need, sometimes they rip when you stuff them.

Obviously choose your favorite cheese option. I like goat cheese, mozzarella or another good melter. I'll even mix in some chopped pepperoni or tomatoes. Whatever you want. Don't over stuff, you want to close the flower back up completely so nothing falls out.

Heat oil (peanut, canola, ect) to 350 degrees.

Mix up your batter, I do a beer batter.

1 1/4 cups of flour, 1 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of pepper, 1/2 tsp baking soda and 8-12 oz of your choice of beer. You want this to be a thin pancake type batter.

Dip your flowers in right before you put them into the oil. Give them about one minute, and then flip them for 1 more minute until both side are golden brown. Put them on paper towels to drain the excess oil. Serve hot!

And no... these are NOT good for you!!! hahaha

I serve them with a little tomato sauce for dipping.

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm planning on making an asian tempera version with some asian flavors. We'll see!

April Manier

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
AND! I bring them in and throw them on a bowl of cold water. All the bugs float out that way!

Then process them as you like

Latest posts