Waited 5 Years #$%&* Deer

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know members here hate them but a garden yucca in flower is awesome. Don't know about wild ones but garden send a flower stalk 4 to 5 feet cover in flowers. I paid $60 for one, every year I was disappointed when it did not flower. I was lossing hope when a friend told me it was all so called century plant because it only flowers once every 100 years ( not sure if true) Well this spring it was going to flower, today I found this sure it was deer :hit:hit:hit:hit
upload_2018-7-1_14-59-22.png

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle that looks like a yucca will have to get photos of some flowering

What you have is a yucca. That image is a century plant.
In a place dh and I rented in our early years there was a home across the road, built on a steep slope, so you could look down on their garden when you drove by - they had century plants lining their driveway. They were impressive! Huge leaves, that could swallow you whole it seemed, and the bloom stalks rose up level with the road above, so they were eye level. Kind of scary actually....

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm probably the member you mentioned that dislikes yucca. I've had far too much personal experience with them.Our property was loaded with the wild ones, and then there were the encounters with them out hiking and riding. Not my favorite by a long shot, but the blooms are definitely beautiful and fragrant.

Latest posts