Wanted: Japanese Eggplant seeds

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just went through all my seeds and find that I don't have any japanese eggplant seeds. They come in purple, white and I can't remember what else. I LOVE them...So much better than the bulbous variety. I love grilling them on my BBQ. Anyone grow them and have a few to share?

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
no seeds to share, but have been growing a white variety called "clara" from johnnys seeds, it has been one of the sweetest eggplants when picked young, wonderful for grilling/frying/freezing...
just a thought to look into

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just went to Peaceful Valley (who's shipping costs deter me from ordering) and saw that in the past I've grown Rosa Bianca and what they are calling "mixed fingers". YUM! For people who don't like eggplant, you've never had a thin long one grilled on the BBQ with some olive oil and sea salt granules.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'm sure i have plenty to choose from. they may be last year's seeds if you are OK with that. I know i have Swallow which is long & dark purple. also have Nadia & Calliope. i thought i got Clara last year but will need to check the stash to be sure.

Latest posts