1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official TEG Poll: What is your garden style?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. What am I? - The Traveling Desk Plant Discussion Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. TEG Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

[WANTED] Painted Mountain Corn?

Discussion in 'The Exchange: Buy, Sell, Trade, Giveaway' started by HomesteaderWife, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Mar 7, 2017
    HomesteaderWife

HomesteaderWife Garden Ornament

Awhile back I had someone offer to trade me for some Painted Mountain corn, but can't quite remember o_O

Does anyone have some of this they would be willing to trade? Looking for about 50 seeds. We can offer equal Bloody Butcher or a half Glass Gem seeds!

valley ranch likes this.
  2. Mar 7, 2017
    valley ranch

valley ranch Garden Addicted

Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
    Darn, I did see, and could have gotten some, it was being sold for decor at the end of the year, still on the cob, I'm sure the seeds were viable.
    I'll take a look when we're at Cal Ranch or Big R. I know Baker has them, but with cost and shipping.

I'll see what I can find!
    -----------------------------------
    Some one, here in Nevada,wrote this about their experience with these seed:

My erratic growing season rarely gives over 100 frost-free days. Most Indian corns take 120! I heard this was 70 days and gave it a shot. Every moment is stunning, sowing to harvest. Open the pack and pour glistening gemstones into your hands. Watch seedlings emerge, streaked with red, purple, or yellow. A deep purple cornstalk will have brilliant red silks and delicate yellow tassels. To one side, a yellow stalk with purple ears and red pollen; on the other red stalks with yellow silk and purple tassels. Even husks can be deep burgundy. Just let ears dry on the stalks. No big problem in Reno, where we get fewer than five rainstorms each summer. Pull ears off, peel back husks, and see even more magic. My favorite was "blue denim:" kernels of white, cream, powder blue, indigo, and a spotted country wallpaper-type seed pattern. I decobbed by hand and crushed in a 100-year-old grinder. Very nutty flavor in cornbread. Store in the freezer to retain quality. So easy and successful!

HomesteaderWife likes this.
  3. Mar 8, 2017
    HomesteaderWife

HomesteaderWife Garden Ornament

4. Mar 9, 2017
    baymule

baymule Garden Master