Wanting more succulents?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I bought some beautifu hen and chicks awhile back. I know how 100's of them and have given some away, filled boots, pots, ect since I started from one plant. But that is what got me! I checked at my local nursery, and I would really like to grow my pots with more varieties but we're looking at $6-$8 a pot per plant! UGH!

Anyone willing to do some trades for more varieties? I bet you guys have an awesome collection, and would love to trade for some. :) Just let me know what you would like.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Vfem, I was so excited to get a bunch of succulents this year. I saw so many cool ideas using them, on pinterest. If I tell you none of my local nurseries or box stores had a one! So much for my big plans! I was able to buy 2 little pots of hens and chicks from a garden club sale. Apparently, none of the buyers or growers at these nurseries spend much time on pinterest! Wish I could help you out...I'll be on the lookout next year!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well Lesa, I'm more then happy to send you some of mine. But I only have 1 variety, is purple and green color. Very pretty!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
So anyone else want or have some succulents to trade?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You know I think they can be pinched off or the chicks separated depending on variety and simply go in a small box in the mail and be good w/ little to no added moisture!? I think I shall look that up.

I'm always pinching and moving them around without doing anything special they're so easy for me.

I will get a photo of them up, I know I have pictures on my other computer. This one is need and I have nothing saved on the harddrive yet since this laptop is supposed to be for internet use and work only. Soon it will be loaded with garden photos as well, its just bound to happen! lol

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here's a shot I have in my Uploads folder here. Its those purple colored one's in the boots. I'll get better shots later. The bigger they get the more green shows up!

5842_celery2.jpg

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oddly enough, a good place to find them is the plant department of Kmart, Walmart, Roses, etc. There is almost always a set of shelves of tiny little succulents there. I think they're supposed to be easy 'give away' plants - like to take to the office, or to hospitals or something because they're usually in cute pots are are way overpriced. But that might be a place to search for them.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
vfem said:
So anyone else want or have some succulents to trade?
OHHH :frow ME! PICK ME!!! I'd love some.
I'll take picts of what I have... not SURE what a couple of them are. Just these little things that have been growing in my kitchen window for YEARS.

Latest posts