1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official TEG Poll: What is your garden style?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Sunflower issues - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. TEG Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Waretrop's Gardens

Discussion in 'Everything Else Garden' started by waretrop, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Nov 5, 2016
    waretrop

waretrop Deeply Rooted

Just thought some of you would like to see our gardens on our 2 and half acres.
    garden1.jpg This is in our front yard. It is a big hill so we took all the turf off and make little gardens and walkways and bridges... It's sort of cute. The kids love it.

garden3.jpg
    More pics of the front after the season progresses.

garden4.jpg
    garden7.jpg
    This is actually the entrance to the front gardens. There is a white arbor there now.

garden8.jpg
    More pictures of the front. We needed to allow the rain water and snow melt have a place to run off so we created fry river beds. It's all cute with the little metal bridges over them.

garden2.jpg The tree is a pear in front. There are 3 or 4 small shrubs that are quince which produce well.

garden6.jpg
    No...Not my house but the neighbors. All the gardens are ours. This is quite far from our house. It's a nice walk around all the gardens.

6.jpg
    Shot from near the house to the back yard.

7.jpg
    This is what you see as you first drive into our driveway.

mmm.jpg
    This is Annabelle Leigh. She is 6 feet tall but very skinny...LOL

Hope you enjoyed my little tour....

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  2. Nov 5, 2016
    Smart Red

Smart Red Garden Master

Hope you enjoyed my little tour...(QUOTE)
    I did. Thank you for the photos.

3. Nov 5, 2016
    digitS'

digitS' Garden Master

Oh, beautiful, Waretrop!

Parklike, of course. I imagine this is the sort of thing @thistlebloom works at, in her artistry.

Does Annabelle Leigh play a part in governing this as a "kingdom by the sea?"

Steve :)

4. Nov 5, 2016
    waretrop

waretrop Deeply Rooted

Sorry, no see here but she does govern the mountainside farm......LOL

5. Nov 5, 2016
    thistlebloom

thistlebloom Garden Master

Lovely gardens Waretrop!
    I see we are kindred souls in the use of rocks. ;) I am also drawn to your big beautiful evergreens.

You have some nice big hosta specimens. Is that huge one in pic 4 a Sum and Substance?

waretrop likes this.
  6. Nov 5, 2016
    aftermidnight

aftermidnight Garden Addicted

I really like what you've done, all that space sigh....just a little bit envious. Another lover of rock here, I can't tell you the amount of times I have made DH stop the truck when I've spotted:ep a must have. It's a wonder we both haven't ended up with hernias:(.
    Annette

Larisa, waretrop and thistlebloom like this.
  7. Nov 5, 2016
    journey11

journey11 Garden Master

Very beautiful, peaceful and orderly! I love the little bridge, the statue lady and the wrought iron. I love a lush shade garden. Oh, how I wish I had some shade here! At least a little, anyhow.

8. Nov 5, 2016
    digitS'

digitS' Garden Master

Is the entire 2 1/2 acres property landscaped in this way?

In general, Waretrop,

... where is this lovely garden?

Steve

9. Nov 5, 2016
    Nyboy

Nyboy Garden Master

Thank you for sharing your garden. Do you have any help? Everything looks so well groomed. How many years did it take ?

10. Nov 5, 2016
    waretrop

waretrop Deeply Rooted

Thistle and After?? Did you say rocks??? I believe you have to work with what you have.....ROCKS we have....if you dig a one foot hole, separating soil and rocks, in the end you would have half cup of soil and a wheelbarrow full of rocks... All these rocks came from somewhere else on our property.. cornergarden02.jpg

So here is a interesting story....Below is the farthest garden from our house. It borders our neighbors property. When we moved here they said they owned all the gardens you see below...I had the original surveyor come and do it again. We own it...They have since moved and between owners, we put these rocks in to mark the border.
    cornergarden5.jpg

This is the neighbors house and my garden. They used this property for years. By the way all these pics are very old. The gardens have grown in very nicely now.
    cornergarden8.jpg

Here is one of the fry river beds awaiting a down poor... It works great...
    dryriverbed1.jpg

Smart, Glad you enjoyed it.

Back to you Thistle.....Yes that is Sum and Substance. We probably have 200 different kinds of hosta, both mini and large. The secret is that we live on White Pine Dr....Do you know why?????

Journey, I have sun and shade and all the in between. Until this year, every evening when the hubby comes home from work we take a walk around the whole property. We love what we have done. It is peaceful.

Which brings me to you Nyboy. No no, we had no help..My hubby has done most of the stuff. I am a good planner...LOL....We do work together and love it...We had a neighbor come over and dig a few holes for some larger trees, the weeping red buds and some others. We sort of like it and he doesn't charge us anything for his backhoe services....We have worked with this property for about 7 years.

Attached Files: