Watched: " Gone With the Wind " tonight, the original

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i have never watched it. some of the older movies i do like, but i've never gotten around to it...

i rarely watch tv and/or movies but the other day i was needing to distract myself so i watched a movie called _Archive_ which is science fiction. good special effects. i liked it. :)

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
We watch tv every night while eating dinner. A friend let me use his Netflix so we are enjoying lots of types of show on there. My favs are/were Longmire, The Crown, Reign, Call the Midwife and some more.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Yep. Worth watching.
Scarlett is NOT the villain.
She never wanted the war, just her lifestyle.
Read, "The Slave Power: The Free North and Southern Domination, 1780--1860 "
The author explains how the southern Democrats cheated their way to extra representation in Congress and extra votes for President by counting each slave as 3/5th's of a vote.
That is how they got many Democrat President's in the 19th century.
This is an old song that they sing.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
DW loves watching the older movies on TCM, we've seen GWTW several times. A good movie is still fun even after watching it several times.

DDfromIowa

Sprout
Reaction score
I love US history so watching such a ridiculous portrayal of US history, focused on such an irredeemable character is infuriating. I’d at least respect the film if they showed what’s her face beating a slave. But I think that’s why it remains popular. It’s a rose colored portrayal of an ugly time and culture in US history.
Two movies with great anti-heroines (admittedly w/ some problematic race stuff) are Jezebel (1938) https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0030287/ and Baby Face (1933) (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_Face_(film)
I also recommend The Women (1939) to everyone!

Last edited:

Latest posts