Weeds Galore. :(

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
After being laid up with a weight restriction and Dr. orders to NOT PULL WEEDS. (6 weeks) They have taken over. I weeded for an hour and made little progress. I itch and I am tired. :( Will have another go at it tomorrow. I will need a spade to remove some!
weeds!.JPG

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Baby steps! Set a time limit and do what you can do. Don't be afraid/upset to stop when the time is up. You can get the better of your weeds a little bit at a time. It doesn't take all that much time to make a difference in one area at a time.

If you want all at once, hire a gang of weeders. Don't be expecting to do it all yourself.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Baby steps! Set a time limit and do what you can do. Don't be afraid/upset to stop when the time is up. You can get the better of your weeds a little bit at a time. It doesn't take all that much time to make a difference in one area at a time.

If you want all at once, hire a gang of weeders. Don't be expecting to do it all yourself.
I know, but it has been driving me nuts for weeks watching it grow. If we get a bit of rain it will make it a lot easier. Some of the big stuff just wants to break off now. *sigh* I did get around the pond and along the back walk cleared. It would help if I could reach all the way to fence with out having to climb over a 2 foot tall fence. May pull it all out, clear beds then put back. Wish I could leave it down but DH's dog will not stay out. :(

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Doctor's orders! But doesn't he know that pulling weeds is therapeutic? ;)

I feel your pain. I am up to my eyeballs in weeds too. Definitely lost the battle this year. I am just comforting myself with the knowledge that October is on the way with frosts and hard freezes to wipe the slate clean again. *sigh*

Will you be healed up and ready to go back to work when school starts then?