went to get a couple light bulbs today ```

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Son a ma gutch ~ the price of bulbs ~ course I was in California ~ in the mountains ~ aren't we allowed to have incandescent bulbs anymore ~ well, I bought two bulbs ~ cost 13 or $14 ~ when I got home I saw they were made in China ~ Damn, should'a waited ~ maybe I could have found some we made here in Nevada ~ Oh, look here: says on the box: Lasts up to 22 years ~ right, if they go poof next couple weeks and you go back what they gonna do smile ``

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Son a ma gutch ~ the price of bulbs ~ course I was in California ~ in the mountains ~ aren't we allowed to have incandescent bulbs anymore ~ well, I bought two bulbs ~ cost 13 or $14 ~ when I got home I saw they were made in China ~ Damn, should'a waited ~ maybe I could have found some we made here in Nevada ~ Oh, look here: says on the box: Lasts up to 22 years ~ right, if they go poof next couple weeks and you go back what they gonna do smile ``

keep the receipt.

we've had two oven lights burn out recently. i'm beginning to think the oven circuit itself may be going bad. it's had 22+yrs of hard use. no, we did not keep the receipt... d'oh!

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Only in your state?
We have incandescent bulbs here, there was a short while where they weren't available, but that didn't last.
Also, buy online.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
IMG_2273.JPG
VR: go to Costco if you have a membership. Both OR and CA are offering daylight or soft white 60 w leds for a very very low price supported by the energy conservation group. This box was $6 and some change.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we came across a fantastic sale on them at our big box store. 6 packs for $3. was able to buy enough for redoing the entire house. i didn't expect to be able to afford it for a few years, but when we saw that sale it was worth it. yes, the price was subsidized by the power company. each one of those bulbs sold would give it some reduced load of some kind eventually so to me it made a lot of sense.

by my calculations they've already paid for themselves.

Latest posts