What are coffee grounds good for??

Kentucky~Momma

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I know that coffee grounds are good for getting rid of snails and slugs. The caffeine in the grounds is harmful to them. Here that is our biggest problem. Brewed coffee has more caffeine then say instant coffee, and is therefore more effective as well.

MeanQueenNadine

Leafing Out
Reaction score
okiechick57 said:
I would like to see a topic on what NOT to add to compost piles? Coffee grounds are so good for so many things !
NO NO's for compost:
MEAT: including fat and bones
DAIRY.....
:rolleyes:
Metal
Motor oil
Plastic
:D

betejean

Sprout
Reaction score
:) I put my coffee grounds, and used tea bags in my compost pile. Does anyone grow herbs?

robbobbin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I put all coffee grounds and filters in my worm bin!! YEAH!

MeanQueenNadine

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Another vermicomposter :frow
Herbs are a great: easy, drought tolerant & thrives in "poor" soil. I like my parsley for my butterfly population, last year was the first time in years that I have seen a monarch. So this year I will plant extra.

rooster-red

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
skeeter9 said:
I use them around the bases of my rose plants. Just plop some around and kinda work them into the soil a little bit. The roses love them.
We do the same here.

nightshade

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
coffee grounds are great for anything that likes acidic soil. rodos , blueberries, roses, ect. I normally just compost mine filter and all. I have quit a few of them though cause I also get from my gram mother that uses 2-3 pots of coffee a day lol. :)

Latest posts