What are you eating from the garden today?

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know you southerners will find this humorous. But for us in Massachusetts this is an early squash. I usually tent some early plants but missed that step due to some travel. I started seeds with my Grandsons in January. Salad and cauliflower and such have been coming but yum to this zucchini which was already in my breakfast omelet. EARLY for me!
zuchini.jpg

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
WE HAD onions, lettuce and spinach, but they bolted. The sugar snap peas might still be edible, otherwise they are there to crowd out weeds. Tomatoes and peppers and okra won't be in until August. =/ So much for self sufficiency.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
WE HAD onions, lettuce and spinach, but they bolted. The sugar snap peas might still be edible, otherwise they are there to crowd out weeds. Tomatoes and peppers and okra won't be in until August. =/ So much for self sufficiency.
For some reason this is the best weeded garden I have ever had. I should take pictures now!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
We've been eating zucchini, yellow squash, and green beans almost every other day. Good thing we all love those. Kale several times a week. I have so much of it though that I think I'll blanch and freeze some.

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Strawberries is all I've eaten from the garden and not all that many. I'm giving up on planting anything else. With a spouse that won't eat my food at home there is little reason and he makes sure there is little time for gardening as well.

Son and family are free to help themselves.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have a couple of times when Son was there to add to the 'excitement' of eating at home. Less than an hour later he wanted to go out to eat each time. It's the getting out that takes precedence. We have no other reason to be driving around.

Latest posts