What can I do with.....

Dace

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
A million cherry tomatoes? I have yellow pear, Sun Gold and Rainbow cherries coming out my ears. Any way to preserve them? I am almost thinking I could toss them with some olive oil, salt & pepper and maybe some garlic and herbs...roast them and then can them for a simple pasta topping or condiment for roast meats.

Anaheim chilies? I have several growing really well..only I am not a fan of the flavor, just wondering what I can do with them. DH used them in some crazy scrambled egg concoction and enjoyed them, wondering if any one had an other ideas.

Serrano chilies? Apparently I planted about 3 more plants than I needed! Other than adding them to salsa does anyone have any ideas? Can I pickle them?

coopy

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
You can make salsa, tomato sauce,spaghetti sauce,ketcup, pizza sauce or juice with your tomatoes. Or you could sell some of them with your peppers.

theOEGBman

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Anaheim chilies? I have several growing really well..only I am not a fan of the flavor, just wondering what I can do with them. DH used them in some crazy scrambled egg concoction and enjoyed them, wondering if any one had an other ideas.
My dad makes crazy scrambled egg concoctions with my peppers too,lol. I really overplanted this year as well, but I have so much family I get rid of most of it! Do you have any neighbors you might want to share with?

Dace

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
So I canned two different types of tomato mixtures today.

I mixed halved yellow pear toms & quartered red toms, tossed them with olive oil, sea salt, pepper, garlic, balsamic vinegar and fresh chopped rosemary....roasted it up and divided it between two pints.

Then I did a mix of halved Sun-golds, yellow pears and Rainbows, olive oil, sea salt, pepper, white wine vinegar and garlic...roasted it, then stirred in some fresh chopped basil and divided it between two pints.

Pressured canned them at 10 lbs for 20 minutes.

Both taste incredible and I can't wait to use them!

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Anaheim peppers can be used as Chile Rellenos or stuffed peppers. Roast them first (they take on a whole new flavor), peel the skins, stuff with cheese, dredge in an egg mixture and then in flour and fry until golden.

They are nice in chili as well.

Dace

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
OaklandCityFarmer said:
Anaheim peppers can be used as Chile Rellenos or stuffed peppers. Roast them first (they take on a whole new flavor), peel the skins, stuff with cheese, dredge in an egg mixture and then in flour and fry until golden.

They are nice in chili as well.
That sounds yummy...I thought it was Poblanos that were used in Chile Rellenos, but I guess many types could be used. I will give that a try!

blurose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
My dad has used Aneheim peppers for chilie rellenos for my whole life and has passed the recipe on to me, of course. I do believe, although I'm not positive, that the "canned" whole green chilies you find on the store shelves are also Aneheim chilies after they have been roasted, of course. My dad used these canned chilies in the winter time. I have also added them to a pork roast in the crockpot, making a lovely green chilie and pulled pork taco filling. Aneheim peppers add great flavor without adding a lot of heat.

Latest posts