What Do You Wake To ?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I was a child I had a wind up alarm clock call big Ben. Every night before sleep I had to winded it. It had 2 bells on top and was very loud. At 18 when I flew the coop I was broke could not afford stereo system so settled for clock radio. I would have it set to station that played high energy dance music (disco) to wake me. Now a days the alarm is more a backup I am almost always up when it goes off. Disco has been replaced by news station, rather then turn off I listen while getting ready for work. I have a different all news station in car for ride to work in case 1st station missed something. What do you wake to?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I actually get some sleep at that time of the morning, I wake to a clock radio set on light rock music followed by the alarm on my smart phone as a back up.

I sometimes go to sleep to the radio -- usually to the telly -- so news is out for early morning wake up listening. Once awake, the TV news is turned on while I get ready for the day.

Yah, I know, first world problems.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cell phone alarm set to "Beautiful" by Carol King. Love the start, you got to get up every morning, with a smile on your face...

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hard Rock KSHE out of St Louis
Celebrating it's 50 yr right now.
Actually I'm not a hard rock guy, but they used to have Bob & Tom as their morning show and didn't play any music.
When they dropped them I just never changed the station.
If I could find a station that is broadcasting Bob & Tom they would be my wake up go to.

THANX RICH

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just wake up too. Probably because we pretty much keep to the same schedule all the time, even when my husband and I aren't working. (We're both self employed.)
I don't like sleeping in and I'm a total morning person. If I get up late I never seem to catch up.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wake up to traffic every weekday morning. The guys that have to be at work at 7 AM go barreling by at 6:30 in their pickup trucks, loud mufflers blasting. Oh, and the big semi rigs, applying their jake breaks just because they can.
I'll be glad when we get new windows; I think a lot of that sound will be blocked out.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Local news station. SO SAD!! My 20yo clock radio that looks like a Zenith TV stopped keeping time!!! It still plays AM/FM, so I moved it to another room. DD's said they will look on e-bay to see if they can find a replacement. Somebody I worked with came to work one day and put it in her cubicle and I HAD to have one. Bought it one clearance at a Walgreen's store. VERY hard to give up, but you can't set an alarm to a flashing 12:00 noon.
Currently I am using a clock/radio that one of my DD's left here. It works...but it's not the same. :(

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I was a child I had a wind up alarm clock call big Ben. Every night before sleep I had to winded it. It had 2 bells on top and was very loud.
I had an alarm clock like that, when I first joined the Navy. There were no outlets in the bunks to plug in an electric clock. I liked it, but my shipmates obviously felt otherwise... they threw it against the wall.:smack

I wake gently to the clock radio, which I have tuned to a position between stations. It is a soft hissing sound, which I find preferably to the BLEEP! BLEEP! BLEEP! of the tone alarm. It just doesn't seem right that smoke alarms & alarm clocks should use similar sounds... sort of like crying wolf.