What else will go with Strawberry?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I've been making Jams... and I made a lovely strawberry, strawberry lemonade and a kiwi strawberry batches. I want to know what else will make a nice strawberry mix flavor for jam?

I have strawberries coming out my ears right now... AND I'M LOVING IT!!!! :drool

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
ahhh... rhubarb... the lovely flavor I miss from living in CT. They do NOT do well in the south. Everyone who I know who tried has failed and lost their plants. Very expensive to buy and not often available. :/

DawnSuiter

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I don't know how to make it jam but I think cinnamon goes great with strawberries and I've seen banana jam or spread? so perhaps they can be merged? and I also think pineapples & strawberries are awesome

I had to bury one of my patches to make it right with the rest of the raised garden and had to butcher another one apart...and I planted those I could save in the newly buried berries. Many grew up but we've only gotten a couple of pounds this year so far... but I started a new patch so next year will be great again.

enjoy!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I saw a strawberry banana freezer jam recipe the other day...forget where though. I think the rhubarb would be great too! Or do a triple berry blend. Or mango would be nice...

Must go make toast now...hehe.

Kim_NC

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Strawberry/Peach is a nice combination.

ETA: I also make Strawberry/Rhubarb. Since it doesn't take much rhubarb (about 2 1/2 cups), I just buy it - or sometimes I get it from family in PA while visiting.

I'm going to give rhubarb another try in our Southern climate. But I'm going to put it in a shadier place this time to help it beat the heat.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I really love the rhubarb guys... but sadly, I am trying to stick to a locally grow and/or organic only mission. I got the pineapple but that was a deal I couldn't pass up.... and to make it sustainable I used it as a seed and planted the top in a pot. Going to try to grow it myself to make up for having to buy it. ;)

Kim_NC

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
aussieheelr said:
I haven't tried it but with the rhubarb... could you use frozen rhubarb? It's cheaper that way.
Yes, you can use frozen. I often get it from family, chop it, then freeze, get it out when ready to make jam.