What in the world is THAT doing here?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was out taking a couple of pictures of our snow and came across this little guy in the middle of the crusted over driveway.

DSCF0346.JPG

DSCF0347.JPG

I have NO idea how in the world he ended up where he was! I was going to toss him over the fence to the chickens, but decided to burry him in the compost pile instead.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
He probably was and soon to be permanently.

That was kind of you, Cane'. You know, most of our earthworms came with the Europeans. Here is one that didn't:

Giant Palouse earthworm

It takes a special person to care about a worm.

Steve

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cool worm Steve, although I'm not sure I'd want to find one in my garden. Regualr sized ones are plenty.
I wonder if that is the same region that gave its name to the appaloosa horse?

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't see why not canesisters. The appaloosas were bred by the Nez Perce who lived in the pacific northwest, so it fits.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The Palouse Indians were right in that country, also.

There were few groups that had a more star-crossed relationship with the whites right from the first. The British and French Canadians showed up to carve out their trading niche. First thing that happened is fisticuffs around the campfire. Lewis and Clark show up ~ this is kind of funny . . .

The members of expedition had been having stomach problems on their way across the continent so it was decided that they'd better not be eating certain things. One thing they decided was okay was dog. Yeah. So, they'd show up in a village and buy some dogs for the guys to eat. Apparently, some of the Palouse thought this was kinda low-class. MORE fisticuffs!

I guess there are still some Palouse genetics but as a people, they kind of road off into the sunset. It took some actual killings and such but things went from bad to worse.

The earthworm tried to duck and cover but it didn't work out that well. If the American farmers aren't more careful, I think we can see the actual land going off, down the river!

Be good to those horses wherever you find them and, if one of them bites you, figure you've got it coming.

Steve

Latest posts