what is lopping off bush bean branches/stems/leaves? UPDATE

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So of course we had a torrential downpour just after daybreak today that erased any tracks that there might've been in the sand.

Sigh.

Try, try again, I guess. No point spraying today, since scattered t'storms are forecast for rest of day and evening.

Pat

Grow 4 Food

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
all signs of tracks gone? were there atleast impressions in the ground?

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The only impressions were of raindrops, lots of BIG ole raindrops :p

Which unfortunately I never did get around to smoothing out yesterday evening (got distracted with prolonged, top-of-tall-stepladder wrangle with some trees whose top branches were dead and had to come down but sawing atop a tall ladder at arm's length is not my idea of fun, especially when you get to the point where it feels like your shoulder is going to drop off from exhaustion). Thus, this morning all I can say is that there are no OBVIOUS large-mammal tracks. There is, however, a small fresh burrow there, a bit large for a vole but since I can't thnk what else it could be I'm going to tentatively say 'trophy-sized giant vole'. I wonder if it'd be worth putting out a couple of peanutbutter-baited mousetraps (the wooden snap-trap kind). I might try that. What the hey.

We're going to be gone most of the day today, but I will try to spray with the garlic-and-soap spray, and smooth out the sand to get a better look at tracks tonight. At this point it is mainly just curiosity, since I do not see us getting an actual crop out of the beans, maybe not even a single 'taster' bean. Sigh.

Pat

Latest posts