What to do with your left over unripe green tomatoes?!

prism

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
vfem said:
Try this lovely jam recipe on for size!!!!

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Almost-Raspberry-Jam

I think it looks wonderful and I might give it a try when I rip my plants out.
My Mom used to make this except her recipe was for storing in the freezer. I don't know if there was any difference in ingredients to make it freezable. I don't think so. It was very yummy. She also made it with strawberry gelatin which was very tasty.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm thinking about this, as I have strawberry gelatin and I don't really care for raspberry as much. Real raspberry is good, not the jelly brand stuff!

Reaction score
First choice: Fried Green Tomatoes!!

Second Choice: I put the green tomatoes in a single layer in box lids and put them in the garage. They slowly ripen and I have great tomatoes for Thanksgiving and some years - even Christmas!!

Good Luck!
Cindy

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
#1CaliforniaChick said:
First choice: Fried Green Tomatoes!!

Second Choice: I put the green tomatoes in a single layer in box lids and put them in the garage. They slowly ripen and I have great tomatoes for Thanksgiving and some years - even Christmas!!

Good Luck!
Cindy
I need to try that this year.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I do the same Californiachick... I just put a layer of newspaper down, on a table in the cool basement. Lay my tomatoes down in a single layer, cover with newspaper and wait! I rarely loose one and it is so fun to have real tomatoes late in the season!

Latest posts