What's Your Secret for Losing Weight?

jorgea

Sprout
Reaction score
This is a thread about sharing your "secret" for losing weight. So feel free in sharing what helps you lose weight so others can benefit and also lose weight.

I'll go first: I maintain my normal body weight by eating only 2 moderate meals a day(breakfast and dinner) and exercising for 15 minutes on a daily basis. This works for me.

http://how-to-lose-5-pounds-in-30-minute.blogspot.com

retiredwith4acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I wish I had one! Need to lose about 30 pounds to lower cholesterol and be heart healthier. I know Adkins works for me but also does not so nice things to me. Would love to hear anyone other workable things.

StupidBird

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Be allergic to everything: milk, soy, gluten, coconut, nuts, sulfites, msg, painkillers, allergy meds (ironic, huh?), chlorine, petrochems, cleaners...basically all of civilization.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I guess I can consider myself fortunate. When I get too heavy I lose my appetite till I get back where I should be.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
StupidBird said:
Be allergic to everything: milk, soy, gluten, coconut, nuts, sulfites, msg, painkillers, allergy meds (ironic, huh?), chlorine, petrochems, cleaners...basically all of civilization.
strangely enough, i have the issue with the allergy meds so i stopped taking them when i was told that most are not intended to be taken long term or your body gets used to them. i found taking vitamin C had a better effect with less side effects over a longer time period. i know that i've been hearing this isn't true that it boosts the immune system but i think there is something about using it to help with allergies.

in the past when i've had my best results with loosing weight it was when i ate less fatty meats (mostly chicken and lean meats), less breads and carbs, and added more veggies. this was when i worked in a pizza restaurant so i had access to a lot of stuff i didn't keep at home. if i made anything with pasta i added lots of veggies and chicken to it to make it more filling, and i only used a 5 oz portion of pasta. maybe it was because i had access to a scale so i knew how much everything weighed when i threw it together. i was also going to the gym since i could make it when it wasn't peek hours due to a wacky schedule.

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Summer is my secret! I realized this when I went to the doc in October, and she said I had lost 7 pounds since the last time I was there - which was January. :D So I think the trick for me is lots of veggies & fresh fruit and moderate exercise. I HATE the gym. I used to walk a lot, but now I live on a country road where there are no sidewalks and people drive WAYYY too fast. But in the summer I spend hours working in the garden and just doing general outdoor work. That's why we need more livestock! If I had more to do outside in the winter, I wouldn't be gaining so much weight!

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Food allergies help a lot, especially gluten. When you can't eat wheat flour your starchy carbs / junk food is drastically limited. The other big thing is portion control especially when it comes to carbs, I always measure carbs when you realize 1/3 - 1/2 cup is a carb portion or one slice of bread is a carb portion then think about the size portion you (anyone) actually eats (like a whole plate of spagehetti vs 1/2 cup)

When I really want to lose weight seriously I do hcg, I know I will get a lot of flack for that but it works if you don't cheat and do the proper follow up. It involves a 500 calorie eating plan during the hcg part and a strict carb / calorie control for the follow up.

The other commercial eating plan that I think is good for health and weightloss is Southbeach.

Regular exersice is also important I do power yoga, what you do isn't important, it's finding one you WILL do REGULARLY.

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I use the Wii Fitness Coach, and try to move around more than I eat. Stay away from high salt and sugary foods. Eat food as close to the way it was created as possible.

Anything processed to the point of being a white powder, is not a food, it is a drug.
BigSmile2-1.gif

Also I tend to gain weight if I eat late at night. If I eat dinner after 6pm, I can be 1.5 lbs heavier in the morning!

Mattemma

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I am doing a juice fast.Once I have lost the weight I want then I will be sticking to a vegan diet.I lost weight before eating lots of soups with added veggies and oatmeal,but then went back to a higher meat diet.

Chickie2378

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I eat everything in moderation. Priority is meat, veggies, big salads. Then the 'others' in very limited quantities.

I eat it all. I am just super careful of the stuff I know makes me gain.

Plus tons of water with lemon. Water water water and more water :lol:

Latest posts