When Did Combination Padlocks Change?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just picked up a combination lock for gym locker. I was going crazy tring to find the numbers to work lock, when all else failed I decided to read the instructions . The lock doesn't have numbers but letters. Been years since I purchased a new lock when did the switch happen?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
LOL I didn't really look at lock face I was trying to find combination to open lock . I saw letters on tag glued to back of lock, but did not know that was combination. When I started reading instruction it said letters, that when I looked at face.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Well, it didn't happen 12 years ago, because THAT was when I bought my 2 sets of combination locks that I secure my exterior gates with.
The only thing that I know is that my eldest DD is the ONLY person I have ever met who would have known this before she bought the lock. She reads ALL instructions on EVERYTHING.

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
If they are using all the letters of the alpha. that makes for vastly more combinations.

THANX RICH

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
They changed padlocks? I guess I don't lock up enough things. I haven't used them since DH worked and I went to the YMCA after he left for work each morning. Then I used a key.

Latest posts