When Was Your Last Eye Exam ?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am having trouble reading small print, also glare from night driving is bothering me. I was shocked when I looked up my last visit to eye Dr 4 years ago. Made a appointment before work for today. Exam took about half hour. Was told I have normal middle age eyes. He said go to CVS and find reader glass that works for me. When was the last time you had a eye exam?

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last February. I'll go again this coming February. Eye insurance was part of my retirement package. The exam is paid for and I get a break on prescription glasses which I need.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was a near-sighted kid and had the lens to correct my vision at 15. The one eye was at 180/20 or 200/20 for decades. "Middle-aged" eyes had happened right on cue when I was about 40. I remember telling the eye doctor that I could only see clearly the food I'd put on my dinner plate!

The eyes have been steadily improving for about 8 or 10 years. Optometrist exam Wednesday (edit: 16 March 2016) - One eye is 20/20 & the other is 20/25 ..!! ...
I've gone from near-sighted kid, half-blind middle-aged guy, to a far-sighted olde man!
:)
Click that - to learn how - my eyesight improved in one way with age.

In your 50's, NyBoy? I was unlucky one way, lucky another.

I suppose nothing is all one way or another. Nothing. I often wear sunglasses while driving even on cloudy days. Night driving? Hate it!

It also seems that my eyes take an extra long time adjusting when I leave the house and am expecting to see something beyond 12 yards.

Peripheral ... I've been wondering about. Reading glasses don't correct astigmatism.

Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I go every 6 months-glaucoma. Eye exam every year. Plastic lenses scratch so easy, need new ones and you have to have a current perscription.

How can a piece of plastic be worth $200????

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Uhhhhhh……..sweat popping out on brow.....thinking hard.....trying to remember the last time......probably 5 years ago. Need new glasses anyway since I found them in the driveway, run over and smushed, a few months ago.

Latest posts